Poor weather conditions have held the race back a day. The decision was made yesterday in the best interest of the mushers, crew and dogs safety.
The area where the dogs are presently resting is relatively sheltered due to the surrounding trees. This gives the dogs a relatively comfortable place to wait the storm out. If the weather permits, they will be hitting the trail tomorrow starting at 10:00 am.